KampusMe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

7 Things To Contend With If You Are To Succeed In Life

Go down

7 Things To Contend With If You Are To Succeed In Life Empty 7 Things To Contend With If You Are To Succeed In Life

For the few years I have been privileged to spend on this earth, I have virtually tried non-stop to live a triumphant life, now while this is far from difficult, I noticed that there are factors that blind people and have caused them to come to good terms with failure. Even as everyone would like to be successful, not all would like to work towards it, owing to various factors that have been imbibed over the years. This article is targeted to all who have made up their minds to be successful (YOU). To be successful you must struggle to overcome these factors.

#1 – NEGATIVE CONFESSION

Look here! I am not talking about the 42 negative confessions of the goddess of truth and justice(for those who know about that issue) or being religious, the negative confession in this case is simply making wrong declarations, and negative speaking. As it is said “there is power in words”, note that. When you make negative confessions, trust me it is bound to manifest (probably one of natures’ laws or something). Now for instance, you wrote an exam and your grade got an F, then you say to yourself “I never do anything right, this happens every year, and next year would be no different, I am a failure” (sounds familiar?). Next year comes and you fail yet again. What message am I trying to convey? Declarations follow you accordingly. You don’t expect something negative and expect the best, it just isn’t possible. Strive to oppose this factor by speaking positively even when situations are overwhelming. For example you could say, “I just have to put more effort, next year would have a pleasing result”. You would be surprised with how much power positive confessions have over your life.

#2 – FEAR

I read this quote once somewhere and it motivated me; I want to share it with you with the hope that it does the same.

“Fear will do one thing and one thing only; hold you back”.

People fear failure; and as a result they fail to succeed, they fail to realize that failure is but a means to an end. You should learn how to deal with failure and fear before it deals with you. Now let me clearly underline what fear is capable of doing to you. Fear causes you to refuse change in your life; fear keeps you on mute in situations when you should express yourself; fear is a success killer. It should be noted that for you to be successful, fear ought to be eliminated from your mind, and for you to do this you should change the way you think about fear, be bold and face your fear head on with a positive attitude.

#3 – SELF-DOUBT

Just like negative confessions and fear, doubt is another powerful success buster. Self-doubt can cause you to give up on your dreams and aspirations, and therefore is a force to be contended with if you are to succeed.

Achieving your dreams and becoming successful at one point tend to be worthy of doubt right? Well, then it is at this point that you need to employ self confidence.

Letting doubt into your life would do nothing but hold you back; making decisions becomes a problem because you keep thinking it through, setting your mind more on the path of failure than the bright side; doubting your ability to carry it out well and finally disengaging yourself from whatever it is. A successful person is not afraid and doesn’t doubt his potentials; don’t let doubt find its way into your head. Try your best to BE OPTIMISTIC.

#4 – LACK AND POVERTY

Well of course lack and poverty could narrow the gate to your success in life. Work hard to suppress lack and success’ gates would be wide open.

P.S there are two basic things that would help you in your struggle to suppress this, hard work and persistency. Talking about hard work, this brings me to the next factor.

#5 – LAZINESS

From any angle you look at it, laziness is one of failures’ sponsors. Laziness is the desire to do nothing, and with that desire comes lack, and with lack of course failure is bound in life. The fruits of hard work cannot be limited. To overcome laziness you should be able to program your mind for success, and prioritize your time (I won’t be going into this).

#6 – BAD COMPANY

To succeed in life, it is paramount that you stay clear of people whose thoughts have no nexus with success. Evil communication corrupts good manners, don’t doubt that. If studying is your priority right now, you should make friends with those who have same priorities. You don’t keep company with artists and expect not to draw someday.

Here’s what happens when you keep company with people you aren’t like:

You begin to behave differently when you are around them.

You become distracted and move away from your goals.

You build up their attitudes finally.

The beauty of this is that you can make a decision right now to cut every tie that would break rather than make you.

#7 – NEGATIVE ATTITUDE

Negative attitudes really do have a crucial impact on one’s life. Whether it is anger, grief or hatred or even authority issues (wanting to be in charge always, and never taking corrections), you should acknowledge your feeling and let it go now.

For a person to be truly successful in life, your life has to be worthy of emulation. Now how do you make that happen? Certainly not with the negative attitudes you harbor. Develop the right attitude and become a success story.

Other factors like pride, spendthrifting, and greed are also to be contended with for you to get the most out of life.
labake
labake
Senior
Senior

My Popularity : 44

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum